THE REVISED 3RD EDITION OF JAPANESE FOR BUSY PEOPLE
In the 22 years since its publication, Japanese for Busy People has won acclaim worldwide as an effective, easy-to-understand textbook, either for classroom use or for independent study. Now, in its first revision in more than a decade, the series has been redesigned, updated, and consolidated to meet the needs of today's students and businesspeople who want to learn natural, spoken Japanese as effectively as possible in a limited amount of time.
With Japanese for Busy People III: Revised 3rd Edition, students will learn all the grammar necessary for initiating, carrying out, and concluding daily conversations, in both casual and business settings. The book introduces a range of sentence patterns for expressing suppositions, impressions, and beliefs; indicating cause, reason, or purpose; describing changes; making suggestions; stating decisions or intentions; and for apologizing and making excuses. In addition, it teaches passive, causative, and causative-passive constructions; honorific and humble speech; and special expressions for the giving and receiving of objects and services.
Japanese for Busy People III: Revised 3rd Edition features:
- A free CD containing 73 minutes of listening practice based on 126 dialogues introduced in the book
- 150 kanji (Chinese characters used in Japanese), with ample space to practice writing them
- Over 120 illustrations to make the learning process both fun and effective
- 16 reading exercises
- Quizzes that allow learners to test their understanding
- Usage, culture, and style notes
The Japanese for Busy People series has been prepared under the guidance of a working group of experienced language instructors who reviewed and tested the material in their classrooms.